Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Photo Shoot

I got a new SLR camera for Christmas and I am still trying to figure out all of the fancy gadgets and settings. This week I decided what better model to try this camera out on than a cute baby boy named Colby. Here are a few (okay a lot) of my favorite pictures Russell and I have taken:
Colby is 5 days old in these pictures. I laugh every time I see this second picture because he looks like he is singing opera or something. I don't know I just think it is so funny!

I love the look on Colby's face in this picture. It really looks like a good football player face like "Don't mess with me our I'll tackle ya!" To tell you the truth though this is Colby's normal look. He always has a mean look on his face and his eyebrows are always down like he is scoping you out. It's great.
Every baby has to have the "naked" picture! Colby actually looks happy to be naked in the first picture. Then, there is that scowl face again. Too bad his eyes still look a little yellow from the jaundice but his biliruben is now down to a 5 so he is all better! Yeah!

I love these shots because he looks to peaceful, kind of like an angel, in his blessing tux. (Thanks Mom for making it for Emily before we knew she was a girl!) We need to have his blessing soon because he is almost too big for his outfit!
These are some good ones of Russell and Colby. I like how the black makes them stand out even more.

Ten little fingers and ten little toes. I love how small baby's feet and hands are. This is the best picture I could get of his hands because I couldn't get the camera to focus right. I will keep trying.

Emily was starting to feel left out so she wanted me to take a picture of her in the car set too. I love her little camera smile!

Even though I hate taking pictures of myself (which is why I am usually the photographer) I had to take a couple of me and my son. I love this last picture of me holding Colby's head. It really puts into perspective how small he is. (And don't you just love all that dark hair!) I think these pictures turned out good but I still need a lot of practice. Good thing I have cute kids to practice on!

No comments: