Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two Cute Kids

My life is revolved around these two cute kids. Sometimes I just look at them and I can't believe I am their mom. It seems like a dream. I love it even though I get frustrated sometimes. Today Emily and I were singing Primary songs to Colby while he slept and I couldn't help but realize how truly blessed I am to have two healthy happy kids. When I look at Emily I cannot believe how big she has gotten. Before Colby was born, I always saw her as my baby but now I have realized she isn't a baby anymore but a little kid! It makes me sad to see her grow up so fast. Then I look at Colby and he is almost 3 weeks old and I realized that it seems like yesterday I was pregnant and wishing he would be born. Time just seems to fly by so fast that it kind of makes me sad but also makes me want to do all I can to enjoy them while they are still my babies. Here are a few fun pictures I have take of these two cute rug rats:
This first picture is one of my favorites, they were both sleeping so I had to get a picture of them while they looked so peaceful. Definitely a moment to cherish!
Here is Big Sister loving on Li'l Brother. St. Patrick's day was fun. I dressed the kids up in green so they wouldn't get pinched. I am still learning how to take pictures so my green backdrop was a little too small for the picture and kept falling down but I still think it is a good picture of these two. Colby is not too fond of getting his picture taken yet, hence the scowl he has every time I put the camera in his face. Emily, on the other hand, loves getting her picture taken especially with Brother.
Emily is a great helper. She doesn't mind watching Colby for me while I make dinner. She likes to read him books and even tried to teach him how to play Go Fish!. Unfortunately, he wasn't too interested, he was too busy sleeping his favorite pastime. That doesn't stop Emily though, she is constantly trying to play with him and tells me all the time to, "Wake up Brother! It's morning time." She loves giving him kisses and talking to him. She says "Hi little sweetheart!" or "Hi little guy!" Emily does get frustrated sometimes though. Today she was watching a movie and Colby started crying so she couldn't hear the movie and she yelled "Be quiet Brother!" We took Colby to the doctor yesterday and the nurse asked Emily if that was her brother and she said, "That's Mommy's baby and my brother. His name's Colby." She is so proud of him. I am glad that she is so good with him but I know she kind of feels neglected in a way too because when I am feeding him or holding him, she has to set on the chair with me. It is definitely harder with two to show each of them the love they need but I am trying. I love my kids and would not trade them for anything. They make me laugh, and they keep me on my toes as well as keep me in tune with the Spirit. I love you Emily and Colby! Don't ever think otherwise!

No comments: