Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Baking

The kids and I decided to do some holiday baking today.  We spent the whole day in the kitchen making a ton of Christmas goodies. 
Colby and Emily really loved licking the beaters best of all.  Their faces were covered in chocolate and it was a good thing they had their aprons on too or their clothes would have been covered too. 

When Russell got home from work, he was really excited to see all of the yummy cookies:

We made White Chocolate Peppermint pudding cookies, Chocolate Candy Cane cookies, and double chocolate truffles.  I guess you can tell we love chocolate!  They all turned out really good. 

I also tried a new recipe for Christmas breakfast.  Instead of making cinnamon rolls, I made a cinnamon roll wreath.  It doesn't look quite as good as the picture in the recipe but it was still very yummy:

And finally, I made these North Pole cupcakes for my co-workers.  I am known as the cupcake lady at my work because I always bring different decorated cupcakes to work to share every Halloween and Christmas.  These were super easy to make and turned out really good.  I used a red velvet cake mix I had on hand for the cupcakes.  I had never had red velvet cake before so I didn't know if it would be good but they were a big hit.

I also made some peanut butter fudge that is simply to die for.  All in all we have so many treats in our house!  In addition to the treats I made, our neighbors also were quite generous in their sharing of treats.  We are definitely going to gain a few pounds this holiday season. 

No comments: