Sunday, December 30, 2012

Homemade Gifts 2012

We like to make homemade gifts for our family for Christmas and this year was no exception.  Here are some of the gifts we made:

First I made these plaques for my mom and Russell's mom.  It says "Grandkids make life grand" and the clothes pins hold pictures of their grandkids:

Next I made these cute pajamas for Emily and Colby to open and wear on Christmas Eve.  They both love them.

These are a couple of gifts Russell made for the kids.  First this awesome car race track.  It is kind of like a pine wood derby track for Matchbox cars.  I found the pattern on the Internet and Russell went to work putting it together.  He actually made three of these tracks.  One for Paul and Alex, one for Tyrel and Jack, and of course one for Colby.  Colby loves watching the cars go down the track.  I guess Paul and Alex loved their track too because Traci said they played with it all morning long and Jen finally had to tell them to put it away and come eat breakfast. 

Russell also made this way cute baby bed for Emily.  It fits her dolls perfectly.  He even painted and decorated it with the flowers just like Emily's big bed.

Emily has been going to pre-school for the last few months and she keeps telling me she needs a backpack to go to school.  I made her this fun backpack to carry all of her school supplies in.  There is also an inside pocket that holds pencils and other supplies.  The straps are a little long but it works. Emily likes it and can't wait to take it to school.

I also made Emily a butterfly quilt for her bed with matching pillow sham and valance and a matching baby quilt for her baby's bed.  I love how it turned out.

For a simple little gift I made Colby some little fabric roads out of old Levi's.  He can take these roads anywhere and have his own little travel car mat for his cars.  He likes playing with them.

Also we made these name plaques in Relief Society one night for Enrichment and I thought they would be great for gifts too.  I made one for the Hughes' and the Stewart's because we had their names for Christmas this year.
Finally, I made this Christmas dress for Emily to wear to church.  It turned out all right for my first dress.  She likes the dress so that is all that matters.

We had fun making these gifts and crafts this year.  Now that Christmas is over, it is on to more projects for the new baby.  Unfortunately I haven't even started any projects for him yet.  I better get busy. 

No comments: