Friday, May 8, 2015

Teacher Appreciation

Teacher Appreciation Week was the first week in May.  I had a fun time putting together some gifts for Emily's teacher as well as helping the kids in her class make class gifts for her.
The first gift we gave on the first day of the week was this bouquet of flowers from the kids.  I had each student write their name and a little message to Mrs. Doty on their flower.  On Monday morning, I had the students each hand her their flower to put in the vase.  I also attached the saying "Teachers plant seeds of knowledge that will grow forever!"
Over the next few days we gave her some other little gifts.  On May 5 (Cinco De Mayo) we gave her chips and salsa with a saying, "You're a Muy Bueno Teacher! Happy Cinco De Mayo!"  Then we gave lotion and hand shaped sticky notes with a saying, "Hands downs you're the best teacher around."  Another gift was a movie package with movie tickets, popcorn and theater sized candy with a saying, "Thanks for making us feel like a Star!"
Finally on the last day of the week they had the Kindergarten end of the year program and graduation.  At that time I gave Mrs. Doty the final gift from the class.  A class scrapbook.  I had each student fill out an "All About My Teacher" sheet.  Some of the answers they gave were so funny but so them.  Then I put all of sheets in a book along with pictures of our classroom parties and field trips so that Mrs. Doty could remember this year's class.  For the cover I put the saying, "To the world you may be just a teacher, but to your students you are a star."  Mrs. Doty loved it and all of the kids loved looking at the pictures and reading their papers too.  I think it was the perfect gift to tell Mrs. Doty thanks for a great year.
On the last day of school I needed to bring an "End of the Year" treat to Emily's class.  Instead of cupcakes or something, I thought the kids would enjoy something they could use all summer long.  I gave each of the kids two pieces of sidewalk chalk with a saying "I hope your summer is 'chalk' full of fun!"  All of the kids seemed to like it.  This has been a fun year.

No comments: