Monday, July 1, 2013

5 Months

Logan is now 5 months old!  He is growing too fast.  He is still the smiling happy boy he has always been and I love it.  Look how cute he is:



What a little fart!  I didn't weigh him but I am sure he is 20 pounds.  He is getting so heavy but he loves to be carried!  I cannot put him down for a second or he gets mad.  I don't mind holding him except I don't get anything done but I guess it is more important to love on him anyway.  Logan likes to squawk too.  He likes to put in his two bits all the time.  He also loves to laugh at Emily and Colby when they make faces at him and talk to him.  I think he is going to be my mama's boy because he doesn't like me to leave him with the babysitter even though the babysitter is Grandma or even Dad!  I do love coming home and having him cling to me and give me hugs and then he tries to eat my shoulder or cheek.  What a funny little man.  When Logan gets excited he kicks his legs so much.  It is so cute.  You know when he gets really excited because his legs go faster and faster.  Sleep through the night? I don't know what that means...  Anyway he sleeps a lot better when he is being held.  I guess this is a bad habit to get him in but the only way for me to get sleep is to sleep in the recliner with him or put him in our bed and let him nurse all night.  Maybe that is why he is so fat... 
Logan seems to like the Johnny Jump. Sometimes he jumps so much he wears himself out.  I caught him catching some ZZ's in the Johnny Jump.  Man that looks uncomfortably...

Logan is learning to roll over and can go from his back to belly.  He hates his belly though and once he rolls over, he gets mad to find himself on his belly.  Sometime if he is really mad he can roll himself back over to his back.  He is getting better. 

Logan is also learning to sit up on his own:

He is getting better and better at this each day.  This is so nice because I feel like I can set him down on the floor without too much worry.  He likes to sit as long as someone is setting by him and playing with him.  He does not like to be alone playing by himself.  
Yeah that is a puke shot!  Sitting up is a hard workout for Logan.  Most of the time it makes him puke.  OK he pukes all the time regardless.  Logan will probably shoot me when he is older for saving this picture.  But yeah sitting up is hard work and Logan has usually worked up a sweat by the time I pick him up or he falls over.

Now that he is 5 months we have started Logan on rice cereal.

He loves it!  In fact, he was helping me put the spoon in his mouth.  Logan has done better than Colby and Emily when they started eating rice cereal.  They used to spit more food out than what got in but Logan seemed to get more in his mouth.  They are suggesting waiting to start solids until 6 months old now but I started Emily and Colby at 4 months and they did fine.  I decided to semi listen and waited until 5 months with Logan.  I don't know what the difference is but Logan was ready for cereal.  The cereal I give him is still pretty runny but he is loving it.  

Happy 5 months Logan.  We love you.

No comments: