Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to Mommy

Russell had told the kids that it was my birthday on Friday so they were so excited.  Everyday they kept asking me if it was Friday yet; they could not wait!

I went to work on the morning of my birthday which is the first time I think I have ever worked on my birthday.  Luckily I only work until noon.  While I was at work, Russell had these way pretty flowers delivered to my office:
The picture does not do them justice but they were very pretty.  The flowers totally made my day!  When I got home, Emily was so excited to see the flowers and asked me where I got them.  I told her dad gave them to me.  She wondered how Dad had given them to me when he was at home.  Russell told her he was magic.  Then both Colby and Emily sang "Happy Birthday to Momma!"  It was so dang cute.  When Russell asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday I told him I didn't care.  Then Emily pipped in, "Let's go to the Splash Pad and the Carousel!"  Then Colby joined her "Yeah the Plash Pad!"  So the splash pad it was.  After naps we headed to the St. George Town Square for some fun in the sun!
First we rode on the Carousel.  As a reading reward from the library, Emily and Colby got free Carousel tickets.  Luckily, they are short enough that they ride for free anyway so Russell and I used the tickets and our whole family got to ride for free.  It was so much fun to see the smiles on their faces.  We pretended we were riding the Carousel horses in Mary Poppins and could jump really high.

And, of course, next we headed for the splash pad.

This was also very fun!  Emily and Colby were just like fish lounging in the lazy river.  They loved splashing each other as well as me.  Logan liked the water too.  He kicked his little feet and splashed around.  Emily liked to pretend she was a mermaid like Ariel.  Colby loved jumping as high as he could and landing in the water making a big splash.  After playing for quite a while, it was time to dry off and go get something to eat.
We decided to go to Pizza Factory for dinner.  When we got to our table Emily told the waitress it was my birthday.  Because of this, we got a free birthday pizza!  Thanks Emily!  Here is my cool 28th birthday pizza.  To top it off we got the amazingly good Pizza Factory bread sticks and our meal was complete.

When we got home, it was time for cake:

Russell and Emily made me this very good Ice Cream Cake.  It was so good.  The best was hearing Emily and Colby sing "Happy birthday to Momma!" really loud.  The next day we had some more cake and they wanted to sing Happy Birthday to me again.  

I had a great birthday this year despite the fact that I am getting older and one more year closer to thirty.  Boo!  But who knows maybe 28 will be a good age!

No comments: