Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Projects

For Easter this year I made Emily and Colby personalized Easter baskets. I found the idea at Kiki Creates and thought it was way too cute to pass up.


I added my own personal touch by embroidering each of their names on the ears, adding whiskers, and bows. Emily loved the basket and proudly carried it around to each of her Easter Egg Hunts. My favorite is the little pom-pom tails on the back! I also found this cute rabbit finger puppet idea at Purl Bee. These were really easy to make and great little items to put in their baskets and hide in Easter Eggs for the hunt. I ended up making about 25 of these bunnies. Five for Emily and Colby and 20 to put in my eggs for the Easter Egg hunt at my mom's. I originally planned on hand sewing all of these but I ran out of time and ended up sewing the majority of them on my machine. (I kept the ones I hand sewn.) Russell even helped me make these by making all of the little yarn pom-poms for their tails. I told him he was becoming so crafty!


Jacee and Tyrel came over to my house and helped Emily and me make a whole batch of Easter nests.

These were really fun and easy to make too. Tyrel wasn't so sure about making these nests. He kept saying it was taking too long and was boring. Then when I gave him one to eat he happier and downed the whole thing. He is the funniest kid. He wanted to come over so he could play with Emily. On the way over, he asked me if we had any bikes. I told him we only had Emily's bike. He thought about it and then asked if we had a wagon, I said no. Then he asked, 'Well what are we going to do at your house?" I said, "Just play I guess." A few minutes later he asked if we had any sand. I told him our whole backyard was dirt and he was content. When we got to the house, he asked if I had a snow shovel for the dirt. I told him I didn't have a snow shovel but we had a regular shovel but he said he needed a snow shovel or he couldn't dig. They ended up playing inside until we made the nests and that was not entertaining enough for him and kept asking to watch a movie! What a funny boy!


After making all of our Easter projects, we were ready for Easter!

No comments: