Monday, April 18, 2011

Walking with Our Babies

Emily and I are starting to get house-a-tosis; I know I am at least. I am new to this "stay at home mom" stuff and it seems like all we do is sit at home and watch movies. So what do other stay at home moms do for fun? Please comment and let me know...


I have decided that we are going to do some sort of outdoor activity each day so lately Emily and I have been going for walks. We have a Sit n Stand stroller that I can put both Emily and Colby in but most of the time Emily insists on taking her baby for a walk in her stroller "like mommy does." I think it is cute to watch her push her little stroller so I let her. Today while we were walking, we had a few people comment on how cute Emily looked with her little stroller. They said things like "Like mother, like daughter." or "You sure do have cute kids, especially the little girl." (the little neighbor boy, Traden, was walking with us and Emily was chatting away with him so I guess this guy thought he was my kid too.) Today for our walk we went around and returned the dishes to all of the people that brought us dinner after Colby was born. (I know its been like 6 weeks but what can I say better late than never right...don't judge...) Anyway while we were walking we stopped to look at the chickens at one of our neighbors house. Emily always points the chickens out when we drive by so I thought it would be fun for her to look at them close up. She thought it was pretty cool but still kept her distance!


We like going for walks and it is nice because by the time we get home, Emily is ready for a nap especially if she has taken her baby for a walk. When she walks, we don't go very far because she starts getting tired or bored and complains the rest of the way home. She is funny. She is also starting to get pretty popular. Our neighbor has twins (a boy and a girl) that are about 5 and they like to come over and play with Emily and Emily loves having them over. I still think Emily is too little to go to other people's houses alone so I make the friends come over to our house. Russell is working really hard on getting the backyard ready so we can lay sod in the next couple weeks. We are hoping to get it in before it gets too hot in St. George to enjoy the new grass.

1 comment:

Mike and Jaimi Smith said...

K Ideas for what to do. If there are play groups in your ward those are always fun to go to. Walks, the fire station, a petting zoo, crafts, story time(go to the toddler one) at the library, check out books at the library to read. Um let see, the pioneer museum, brigham Young home, Jacob Hamblin home in Santa Clara. Hope this helps get you started.