Friday, April 22, 2011

Quilter's Expo

The annual Quilter's Expo was at the Dixie Center this weekend so my mom, Lacie and I made a girls day out of it. (Colby came too as the only boy!)

The quilts were amazing! Some of them were even hand sewn. Hopefully someday I will be a good quilter too but I have a LONG way to go! Here are a few pictures of our favorite quilts at the show. There were many more good ones but these are the ones I got pictures of. (I was too lazy to flip the pictures the right way so just turn your computer on the side and they will be easier to see!)



We had a good time at the expo. We enjoyed looking at all of the quilts and we also liked walking through all of the vendors and getting more ideas for sewing projects. We got patterns for these really cute bags and also these little purses that snap open and closed. We are going to make them soon so I will post pictures. I also am going to learn how to do a new form of sewing/embroidery. It is called Punch Embroidery and all you do is punch the thread through the fabric and then when you are done, the design is sort of 3D. It is pretty cool. My mom bought me the specialized needle as an early birthday present. I am excited to try it.

No comments: