Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Missionary in Training

Colby turned one month old on the 4th so we needed an updated picture of him. After being spiritually uplifted over the weekend by listening to General Conference, I thought it would be cute to get out Russell's old missionary tag and do missionary shots of our future missionary.


Doesn't he look so handsome and grown up in his tie? I think he needs to grow a little more before he goes out to preach the Gospel because his scriptures are as big as he is! Won't it be cool to have this picture next to his actually missionary picture if/when he goes on a mission? I think so!


I can't believe how much Colby has grown and changed over the last month! At his 2-week appointment he weighed 9 lb 12 oz and I just weighed him at home on our cheap-o scales and he weighs close to 12-13 lbs! What a growing boy! A couple more pounds and he will have doubled his birth weight. I am really worried he will not fit in his blessing outfit on Sunday! He is a good baby. He likes to eat and sleep all day. He has already set his own bed time. At exactly 8:00 pm he starts getting ornery and just wants to get in pajamas and go to bed. So we have to rub him down with lotion, put him in pajamas, bundle him up really tight, and feed him so he can go to sleep or he gets really mad. I have found that if I do this, he will sleep longer through the night. He will generally sleep for 5-6 hours but if we don't put him to bed when he wants, he is up every 2-3 hours.

Emily also wanted to get in on the missionary pictures so we put her in her new dress and got some cute shots of the two of the together. Emily is a good big sister but she thinks Colby is bigger than he is and tries to make him play with her. It is hard to make her realize that he is little and can't play yet. I constantly find myself saying, " Don't poke your brother in the eye!", "Put that Binky back in his mouth!", "We don't play 'Chubby' with the baby," or "Just leave him alone please!" I am probably the only mom that says that kind of stuff. Emily is good with him though. She loves to hold him and sometimes tries to pick him up by herself at which time I have to run to his rescue and explain again to her that she needs Mommy's help to hold Brother. She watches me burp Colby and yesterday she asked if she could hold Colby like that so I held him up over her shoulder. She was grinning ear to ear as she patted his back to burp him. She was really excited when he actually did burp! I love that little nut.
To celebrate Colby's birthday, we had cinnamon rolls, Oreos and milk. I had to get a picture of Emily's awesome Oreo mustache. I love this little family and am so glad I get to stay home and watch them grow. I am not looking forward to going back to work mostly because I don't want to leave these two yahoos but also because I don't think I will ever get caught up on all of the work I have left behind.

No comments: