Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

I had a doctor appointment today so while I was there, Russell took Emily and Colby to the temple visitor center. They had a good time looking at Jesus, watching the videos, and looking at the new art exhibit. When I was done, I went over to the temple to be with them as well. The new art exhibit was amazing. The pictures were actual photographs of the places Christ walked in the Holy Land and each had a story behind them. The photographs were so good they looked like paintings. My favorite one was the picture of a baby depicting the Baby Jesus. It was my favorite because I think the baby looks just like Colby!


After walking through the Visitor Center, we walked around the temple grounds and took some pictures.



The flowers were so beautiful at the temple. I love that about Spring. I wish my yard had as many beautiful flowers as the temple but I guess that comes with time and soon our yard will be up and running too. We also found this beautiful butterfly in the grass. Unfortunately it had a hurt wing and couldn't fly and as a result was dying. We did have a good time showing Emily the butterfly and she liked it as long as it wasn't on her.


I love going to the temple especially with my family because I know that because of the ordinances performed inside, we are sealed together forever and will be a family forever. I have been reviewing the song "I Love to See the Temple" with Emily because it is one of the songs they are learning in Primary this year. She loves that song and I will sometimes catch her singing it except she says "I love to go to the temple..." Her new favorite song to sing though is "The Wise man built his house on a rock" She requests me to sing that all the time or else she will sing it herself. It is fun to see her learning so many things all the time.

No comments: